Did you know somebody made up a word for all the funny expressions, rules, advice and quotes that mothers pitch out to children? MOMisms are the one-liners that mothers use to impart sage advice or to make a point during childhood. At the time, we may have found these “silly expressions” pointless or even puzzling; but reflecting on them in later years we begin to grasp the wisdom gifted through these nuggets. Recounting MOMisms leave us with fond memories of lessons from daily life that our mothers and mother figures were trying to impart. In honor of Mother's Day, here is a list of some MOM-isms our staff came up with.
- “I don’t care who started it.”
- “If it were a snake it would have bitten you.”
- “When I was young…”
- “Just wait til your father gets home!”
- “Do you live in a barn? Close the door!”
- “If you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.”
- “Who ever said life was gonna be easy?”
- “Don’t cry over spilled milk.”
- “Share and share alike”
Click HERE to join us over on our Facebook page to post YOUR favorite MOMism! On Mother’s Day (5/11/14) one lucky guest will be randomly selected to win a FREE service!